Kendrick Nunn could have a major impact for the Los Angeles Lakers when he returns to the court in 2022-23. The fastest rookie to amass 500 career points for the Heat (31 games), he reached the 2020 NBA Finals and was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team.
Nunn is completely healed from the bone bruise in his knee that sidelined him for his inaugural L.A. season.
Here’s a roundup with the best Kendrick Nunn rookie cards to collect, featuring top options to suit every budget.
The Best Kendrick Nunn Rookie Cards
Kendrick Nunn rookie cards were released in 2019-20. Undrafted in the 2018 NBA draft, Nunn spent the 2018-19 season with the Santa Cruz Warriors of the NBA G League, before signing with the Miami Heat in 2019.
5. 2019-20 Panini Chronicles Kendrick Nunn RC #501 (eBay)
First up is 2019-20 Panini Chronicles. The multi-brand release contains a variety of Kendrick Nunn RCs, including this option in the base Prizm Update set. It features a simple action shot of the player on the court. Typically one of the more affordable cards to make the list, graded copies of the serial numbered parallels are valuable.
- Parallels: Bronze, Green, Pink, Silver, Teal, Red #/149, Blue #/99, Purple #/49, Gold #/10, Black 1/1
4. 2019-20 Spectra Color Blast Kendrick Nunn RC #19 (eBay)
2019-20 Panini Spectra Basketball introduced the super short print Prizm Color Blast insert, with Nunn being one of the 25 players selected. It’s not numbered, but it was a hobby-only inclusion, and isn’t even guaranteed as a case hit.
3. 2019-20 Optic Kendrick Nunn RC #193 (eBay)
2019-20 Donruss Optic Basketball is where you’ll find Nunn’s Rated Rookie. The error card comes with a rainbow of parallels to chase, changing either the background or the border color. Nunn was included as one of two players given an unintentional No Name On Front. (NNOF). (The other NNOF player is Luka Samanic.)
- Parallels: Holo, Checkerboard, Hyper Pink, Purple, Purple Shock, White Sparkle (Rewards), Orange #/199, Lime Green #/149, Red #/99, Blue #/59, Purple Stars FOTL #/29, Pink #/25, Gold #/10, Lucky Envelopes #/8, Green #/5, Black 1/1, Gold Vinyl 1/1
- Choice Parallels: Base, Dragon, Red/Green, Red #/88, Black Gold #/8, Nebula 1/1
- Fast Break Parallels: Holo, Purple #/95, Red #/85, Blue #/50, Pink #/20, Gold #/10, Black 1/1
- Velocity Parallels: Blue, Pink #/79, Black #/39
- Wave Parallels: Red, Gold
- Box Set: Base, Green Wave
- Premium Box Set: Base #/249
2. 2019-20 Panini One and One “Downtown” Kendrick Nunn RC #20 (eBay)
The Downtown insert set is another which has proven to be massively popular with collectors.
Featuring some of the best known stars from the past few seasons, they include a mix of rookie cards and legends, set against a backdrop dedicated to their team and city.
Typically falling at a rate of one per case, Downtown cards aren’t easy to find.
1. 2019-20 National Treasures Kendrick Nunn RC #150 (eBay)
With both a landscape and a portrait RPA found in 2019-20 National Treasures, you’re spoiled for choice if you’re looking for premium options. Of the duo, the portrait card seen above tends to be more valuable. Limited to 99 copies, with an on-card auto, it’s easy to see why.
- Parallels: Gold #/10, Emerald #/5, Logoman 1/1
- FOTL Parallels: Stars & Stripes #/30, Stars & Stripes Blue #/3
Kendrick Nunn Rookie Cards: Buyers Guide
What is the current state of the market for the best Kendrick Nunn rookie cards? Here’s a quick guide with our thoughts.
The Best Cheap Kendrick Nunn Rookie Cards
You’ll be able to find lots of Kendrick Nunn RCs for less than $100, so it won’t be tough to locate cheaper options to start off your collection. We’d start with the 2019-20 Panini Chronicles RC.
The Best Kendrick Nunn Rookie Card Investment
As is typically the case for many players, it’s hard to do better than the 2019-20 National Treasures Kendrick Nunn RC if you’re looking for the best premium option to collect.
Kendrick Nunn Rookie Cards: Final Thoughts
When he first signed a two-year, $10.25 million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2021-22, Kendrick Nunn rookie cards looked to be a sure bet. However, the recent injury curtailed demand to an extent, while his role is also less defined.
However, he still has time on his side, and could easily prove the doubters wrong this season. We’d keep an eye on his progress at the very least.